- 8 large tomatoes (on the vine if possible for extra flavour)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
- a few pinches of Camargue sea salt with basil and garlic
- freshly ground pepper
- a cup of freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven at 200°C. Wash the tomatoes, cut in half and put aside.
- Peel and crush the garlic, finely chop the parsley, add a tablespoon of olive oil and mix with the breadcrumbs.
- Add a spoon of oil in a hot pan, and sear the tomatoes for a minute on each side. Lay them out on a baking tray and add a large spoonful of the breadcrumb mixture on each one. Season with freshly ground pepper and the Camargue salt with garlic and basil.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil on each one and bake for approximately 30-35 mns.
- Once the crust is lovely and golden, serve with your favourite rice.