- 2 small or 1 large aubergine
- 4-5 tomatoes (on the vine if possible for extra flavour)
- 2 peppers
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 red chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- vegetable stock
- vegan cheese
- Wash the vegetables and partially peel aubergines. Chop in small cubes and fry in olive oil with the chopped onion.
- Add the crushed garlic, chilli, herbs, seasoning and cook on the hob for 15mn.
- Add the petit epeautre grain and cover with vegetable stock (approximately 1,5 litre).
- Cook for another 30mnon the hob stirring occasionally.
- Once the grain is cooked and has absorbed all the stock, transfer into an oven proof dish, cover with grated dish and bake at 180oc (fan) for 20mn or until the cheese is golden brown.
Petit Epeautre is a Great Taste award winning grain which resembles spelt but with a nutty flavour with 4 x more magnesium than brown rice, 5 x more phosphorus than soya and includes calcium, antioxidants and amino-acids! Low in Gluten and Super Nutritious, it's perfect for plant based diets.